Summer/Fall 2013 Photography Workshops and Lessons:
During the Summer and Fall here in Crested Butte, I will be offering evening Photography lessons. These are generally about 3 hours of intensive, yet fun, instruction in the field.
I believe one of the best ways to learn is hands on, in a field of wildflowers or under a grove of golden aspen with a dramatic sky.
Main points that are covered during our time together in the field.:
- How to actually move through the landscape you are photographing. Relationships within the frame and how to tie it all together. Finding a foreground, or a background can be fairly simple, but I find most people struggle with putting it all together.
- Finding compositions and tips on learning to see “flat” or in 2 dimensions.
- Getting a good exposure and reading histograms.
- Hyperfocal distance and using proper f-stops to ensure maximum depth of field.
- The Use of Graduated Neutral Density Filters (if you are shooting landscapes, digital or film, I believe these filters are essential).
- Tripod techniques. Anybody ever actually show you how to use your tripod? Ill give you some methods to keeping your three legged friend working with you, not against you.
- If you are a film shooter, Ill give you some great tips on metering and finding 18% grey in a scene…as well as all of the above!
1 person: $75/hr
2 people: $100/hr
3 people: $125/hr
4 people: $150/hr
5 people: $175/hr
6 people (max): $200/hr