Join me and my Japanese guide on a 10 day photographic adventure of some of Japans most beautiful locations. We will spend 10 full days photographing ancient temples, vibrant fall colors, UNESCO world heritage sites, traditional Japanese villages, dramatic seascapes and mysterious Tori Gates.
The aim of this tour is to immerse ourselves in the enchanting culture and landscape of Japan. We will be moving slowly and thoughtfully through this captivating land, taking our time to explore a scene, subject, or idea.
During my travels in Japan, I have found this beautiful country to be incredibly calm and relaxing. There is an inherent tranquility and stillness in Japan, with the people, the landscape, the temples and even the food. This contentment only adds to being more present allowing us to make more thoughtful photographs. Connecting with ourselves and our surroundings is the key to making compelling photographic imagery, our time in Japan will aid in this connection on many levels. We will be staying at Monasteries and traditional Ryokans to further aid in this immersion. These ancient inns have been housing weary travelers for centuries. In Ryokans, atmosphere and appearance is more important than providing the latest modern conveniences. You will be surrounded by traditional Japanese design, art, food, and gardens. Experience first hand why Japanese design, art and culture has been influencing the western world for centuries.
Tour Dates: November 6th to the 14th of November 2020 (10 days)
This Photo Tour will have a minimum of 4 and a maximum of 6 participants.
Cost: $6,875 per person ($2,000 deposit)
Gateway City/Airport: Kansai International Airport, Osaka Japan.
- Enjoy a 10-day adventure in beautiful and captivating Japan
- See and photograph vibrant fall colors.
- Receive one-on-one photographic instruction in some incredibly breathtaking locations.
- Experience and immerse yourself in traditional Japanese culture.
- Get first hand local knowledge from our Japanese guide and fixer.
- Stay in beautiful Monasteries and Traditional Japanese Ryokan hotels.
- Learn about Japan’s history, culture and legends.
- Enjoy the traditional Japanese Onsen Hot springs located at our hotels.
- Savor some of the worlds best cuisine.